Be a voice of influence in the california democratic party
RUN FOR STATE DELEGATE.
- Find your Assembly District.
- Apply now. The deadline is December 8th.
- Fill this out to get contacted about a slate (aka team of candidates) in your district or to help get out the vote!
- Tell people in your district to come out and vote at your caucus, which will be either Jan. 8th or Jan. 9th.
Listen to Carlos and Dan talk state delegates in the latest episode of Schmolitics.
Why is this important?
If you are frustrated, angry, motivated, at a loss...this is for you. It's a way to get started. To get your foot in the door. Discover ways to take part in making your community better and your politicians and candidates responsive to you. Be the change.
What exactly is a state delegate?
From the CA Democratic Party Website: The Assembly District Election Meetings (ADEMs) are held every two years (Saturday, January 7 or Sunday, January 8 of 2017) to elect 7 women and 7 men to be Assembly District Delegates (ADDs) for their area. ADDs are responsible for planning and attending informational meetings throughout the region and working with other delegates to represent their community.
Is it hard? A lot of responsibility? Am I even qualified to do this?
There are no day-to-day responsibilities. This simply makes you eligible to have a seat at the table where decisions get made. You are enough.
What are the dates?
- Deadline to apply is December 8th.
- Caucus elections are January 8th/9th. Which day depends on your assembly district.
- State Convention is May 17th to May 21st.